- Access from US 285 to the junction with US 24 enters the region near its midpoint and continues to US 50 at Poncha Springs.
- I-25 to US 50 in Pueblo and west to Montrose provides access to the entire region. Not an official scenic byway, but it is worthy of consideration.
- Outstanding scenery in the entire area.
- Italian Creek Rd – Texas Creek
- Cottonwood Pass – Cumberland Pass
- Spring Creek
- Taylor Canyon-Gold Medal trout waters
- Hundred’s of beautiful dispersed camping spots.
- Billed as “The Wildflower Capital of Colorado”, Crested Butte doesn’t disappoint. Try Cement Creek or the Lake Irwin area.
- Kebler Pass – Ohio Pass
- Scenery on the Slate River/Washington Gulch loop is spectacular.
- Skyline Dr is unique; a must see.
- Shelf Road – High Park
- in Victor on the Phantom Canyon Rd.
- Especially around Cripple Creek.