Taking a large chunk out of the eastern portion of the Northern region, this is a must see destination.
There is a variety of ways to get to the park from the Denver Metro area—each one with good photo opportunities.
- I-25 north to US 34 at Loveland.
- US 36 through Boulder.
- The Peak to Peak SB to SH 72 and SH 7 through Nederland and Allenspark to Estes Park.
- Grand Lake Entrance via I-70 to US 40 to US 34.
- East Trail Ridge:
- Beaver Ponds: Reflections of peaks in the ponds.
- Rock Cut: Rock formations in the foreground with the peaks, lakes and glaciers across Forest Canyon in the background.
- West Trail Ridge:
- Timber Creek Campground
- Multiple TH’s leading to outstanding backcountry photo ops.