Bordered on the north by I-70, on the west and south by US 24 and on the east by the Front Range region.
- I-70 west from Denver provides access to multiple day trips, including Mt Evans—Highest paved road in North America.
- US 285, heading southwest from Denver, provides access to easy day trips to five different passes—all with great vistas!
- Shrine Pass I-70 exit 190 – Vail Pass Rest Area is a hidden gem passable by most vehicles in decent conditions.
I-70 East of the Divide
- Guanella Pass Scenic Byway
- Combat wings and hang gliders on the Lariat Loop
- Wildlife and bristlecone pines on Mt Evans
- Summer skiers on St Marys Glacier
- Guanella Pass
- Moon over A-Basin from east side of Loveland Pass
West of the Divide
- Shrine Pass
- Mohawk Lake | Shrine Pass | Mayflower Gulch | Ute Pass
- Mohawk Lake
- Especially photogenic Mohawk Lake | Ute Pass | Shrine Pass | Mayflower Gulch
US 285 South
- Guanella Pass | Kenosha Pass | Weston Pass
- Boreas Pass
- Georgia Pass
- All of these passes have terrific vistas!